200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program (see 200 hour dates 2016) at Yoga Vedanta Trust in Rishikesh, India is intended for people with a great skill development interest that are looking to explore it. The course touches each area of yoga and is led by instructors with a solid knowledge of yoga who use their time to present accurate yogic theory. Completing this program will be an incredible metamorphosis for you. The courses included in the program will strengthen your own practice allowing you to use your own experience to start teaching others with confidence.
The course fee is US $ 1300.
Traditional Hatha 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teacher training program
Yoga Vedanta Trust is a registered organization by Government of India, Yoga Alliance International and Yoga Alliance USA. This is a world class training institute perfect for both yoga beginners looking to improve their health, happiness, peace and harmony and for those who want to acquire yoga as profession. After successfully completing the Yoga Teacher Training programin Rishikesh , the certificate provided is valid all over the world for you to begin your new Yoga Calling !
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training India
This 200 hour residential yoga teacher training India course in Rishikesh is conducted by Yoga Vedanta Centre Rishikesh, registered with Yoga Alliance, USA (RYS 200 YA). This course is based on the traditional hatha yoga practice which has been practiced by Saints of yore for thousands of years. Our Yogacharya are trained in the traditional methods by exemplary Yogacharya. This course has been designed not just to train the body but to start one’s inner journey towards self-realization by bringing a balance between a healthy body and mind. This course is suitable for beginners as well as for students with some exposure to yoga – the intermediary level. On completion of the course, you need to register with Yoga Alliance, USA, to qualify as a certified international yoga teacher – RYT 200. You can apply online and along with the application a booking amount of USD $ 250 (non-refundable advance towards the course fee) need to paid. Single accommodation with attached bath would be provided to the students. The course fee is inclusive of course syllabus, course materials, food and accommodation.
Yoga school Rishikesh Yoga Vedanta conducts 200-hour residential yoga teacher training in India based on traditional style of hatha yoga with multistyle. These courses are registered with Yoga Alliance, USA. This course is designed for beginners with basic knowledge of yoga and intermediate level yoga students. After completion of the course, one can register with Yoga Alliance as RYT 200. Booking amount due with the application is USD 250 (non-refundable) and course fee includes – yoga training, course material, food, accommodation (single room with attached bath), trekking & local sightseeing.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training India Aims and objectives
The aim of 200 hour yoga ttc is, if you are ready, if you allow, to transform you and your way of living. As you progress through the course you will discover the divinity of the body and the wonderful way it has been designed to lead a smooth life. This knowledge can stop you from misusing the body, cultivate right eating habits and help you get rid of unwanted addictions be it food, drugs, smoking, etc. By learning the science of breathing – Pranayama, you will learn the right way to breathe. At the end of the course not only you would have adapted a healthy life style but you would also be fit to show others this path by becoming a skilled yoga teacher.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training India Overview
- Yoga Training venue Rishikesh – the yoga capital of the world.
- Well designed course suitable for all levels of students – beginners, intermediate and advanced level students.
- An opportunity to experience the serene atmosphere of Rishikesh, the perennial Ganga, the majestic Himalayas and to listen to the divine mantras that echo from all corners of Rishikesh.
- Dedicated acharyas with a broad vision ready to help you begin your inner journey.
- Intensive course with no time for distraction.
- Group outings and sight-seeing arranged.
- Yoga Teacher training course with international certification from Yoga Alliance, USA.
- Accommodation in an ashram to experience the simplicity and divinity of an ashram life.
- Supportive team to make you feel at home.
- Boosts your confidence level and makes you healthy.
The main objective of our courses is to allow you to develop a self-practice both spiritually and physically in each of the areas listed below. The modules are categorized into 5 areas:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Yogic Practices.
- Yoga Philosophy.
- Yogic Lifestyle.
- Teaching Methodology and Practice.
As you develop your spiritual and physical practice, Teaching Methodology then assists you teach what you yourself are practising. We firmly believe that being a strong practitioner in each of these will give you the grounding and foundations to becoming a successful and confident yoga teacher.
Take your first step into something that can change your life. In one month, you’ll finish this training with the necessary tools, skills and insights, to guide you on your journey.
One of the things that’s so rewarding about these 200 hours intensives, is that each one of us comes to the mat for something different. Our journey is unique to ourselves, yet for 30 days we learn and grow together, become part of the same energy. You will learn to create flows for a variety of class types. Explore what works best for your body. This course offers a complete study of the eight limbs of yoga based upon the Yoga Sutras. Our training is devoted to helping Yoga Teachers teach to all walks of life. Our motto is “yoga for all” Our asana technique explores contemporary principles of alignment and safety, while honouring our students’ need for creativity, freedom, and self-expression in their practice.
- Asanas (Postures): You will learn Many postures of Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga with Iyengar style.Study various asanas and the technique of teaching the postures, the benefits of each posture, modifications, contraindications, and the use of props.
§ Standing poses.
§ Sitting poses, forward bends and hip openers.
§ Sitting/supine twists.
§ Back bends.
§ Arm balances.
§ Restorative postures.
- Adjustment: Learn how to adjust these asanas and understand how adjustment can deepen your practice.
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques): These are based on traditional yogic breathing techniques which will benefit your yoga practice as you learn how to lengthen your breath. How to incorporate breathing into postures and into your classes. How breath work assists the body.
- Shatkarma (Cleansing Techniques): These yogic cleansing practices will be integrated into the daily morning schedule and will work in conjunction with the asana practices. These will purify the nervous system and allow your breath to flow freely throughout the body. In expelling toxins from the body, we therefore cleanse it.
- Yogic Mudras (Energy Seals): Stimulate different parts of the body by sealing in the energy. These are usually used in Pranayama and affect the flow of prana.
- Bandhas (Energy Locks): How they regulate the flow of energy and assists the practitioner in asana.
- Meditation: You will cover a range of meditation techniques that will help build concentration and focus in your daily practice. Techniques include Om Chanting, Chakra, candlelight Meditation.
- Mantras (Chanting): A range of mantras will be taught including the Gayatri Mantra and many more. Find your inner harmony in these sessions.
You will learn anatomy relevant to yoga in order to strengthen the classroom explanations, cues, and corrections of asanas.
§ Yoga and Skeletal System, Brain & Nervous System, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Cardiovascular System.
§ Effects of kriya, Pranayama, Asanas and Meditation for various disorders.
§ Subtle Body Anatomy of the chakras, nadis and the application of chakras energy in the practice of Yoga.
§§§§ Introduction to Ayurveda & Yogic Diet.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training India Daily Schedule
Adhering to the norms as specified by Yoga Alliance, USA, the daily schedule of our 200-hour Yoga TTC has been designed to keep the students occupied for about 6-7 hours a day. Classes begin early in the morning around 6:00 hours (depending on the season) and begins with yoga postures and meditation. Daily lecture on Patanjali Yoga Sutras OR a chapter on Bhagavad Gita OR Indian philosophy is conducted. Ayurveda, Anatomy, Mantra chanting and Pranayama are part of the daily schedule. Satsang (session with a master) is conducted every alternate day to answer your questions or a video is presented on Indian philosophy.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training India – Daily Schedule
|06:00 am||Wake Up|
|06:30 To 08:30 am||Yoga And Pranayama Class|
|08:45 To 09:30 am||Breakfast|
|09:45 To 11:00 am||Patanjali Yoga Sutra|
|11:00 To 11:50 am||Anatomy|
|12:00 To 12:30 pm||Chanting of Cacred Hymns|
|01:00 To 03:00 pm||Free Time|
|03:00 To 03:25 pm||Tea Break|
|03:30 To 04:25 pm||Introduction Of Sanskrit|
|04:30 To 07:15 pm||Yoga And Meditation|
|07:30 To 08:15 pm||Dinner|
|08:20 To 09:00 pm||Satsang – Get Togegher|
Every Saturday 8.30 am Shatkarma – cleansing process – Jalneti, Sutraneti, Vaman, Laghushank Prakshalan, etc.
Sunday off for local sight-seeing, trekking and other activities.
200 Yoga Teacher Training India Teaching Methodology and Practice
Class Observation: You will observe a Class given by one of our experienced yoga teachers as inspiration for the class that you will then prepare.
Teaching Methodology: This class will give you the necessary building blocks to devise your own yoga class. Learn how to motivate your students by teaching inclusively to the range of abilities that you may be faced with.
Peer Teaching: These sessions allow you to practice your teaching skills and get constructive feedback from both your Senior Teachers and your peers on your progress.
Adjustment: Learn how to help your students get deeper into a posture through adjustment.
- Studying yoga lifestyle and the ethics of a yoga teacher.
- Studying the attitude and presence of the teacher.
- The seat of yoga teacher/teaching as service/why we teach/creating a sacred space.
- Ethical guidelines for the student teacher relationship
Creating a class/Sequencing/General teaching points
- Elements of great teaching.
- Classroom organization and set up.
- Creating a class plan.
- Teaching progressively focusing on alignment principles.
- The basic principles of sequencing.
200 Hour Teacher Training India Yoga Styles:
- Classical Hatha Yoga
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Iyengar Yoga
- Sivananda Yoga
- Transformational Yoga and its practices